The information we collect and how we use it
In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or reply to you after your visit. When you do so, we ask you to give us your name, email address, and other personal information that will be needed to supply our goods, services or information to you.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To fulfil a performance of contract entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- We may share personal information stated above with any of our representative staff/offices in Kenya and/or Nigeria to fulfil the performance of a contract.
- We share data with the following third-party data controllers/cloud hosting providers, these controllers include:
- Office 365 - Sharepoint
- Sharpspring – Marketing Automation platform
- JMB Partnership (for support with Sharpspring)
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- We source contact data from publicly available third-party systems and contact individuals within companies on the grounds of legitimate interest, consent and contractual purposes. Sources we use to gather data include:
- Email Hunter - an indexing service and index’s publicly available web pages to find email addresses
Accountability and Governance
- KAPEK keeps a personal data register describing what personal data is held, where it comes from and who it is shared with, the register will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains accurate.
- We ensure that we train our employees that have a role in the processing of personal information
- Data Protection Impact Assessments are conducted to identify processing of sensitive personal data such as Special Category personal data or personal data that may pose high risk to the rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Providing the requested goods or services
If you order goods or services from KAPEK, KAPEK will use the Personal Data that you enter into the order form. The information you submit will usually consist of your name, email address, telephone number, company name and address, your job title and, if payment is to be made to KAPEK, credit card number or bank details. This information is only collected to process your order or to provide the requested goods or service. This may include taking the necessary steps prior to entering into the contract, responding to your related inquiries, and providing you with shipping and billing information. This may also include conversation data that you may trigger via emails, or telephone calls.
Cookies are small files which are stored on the user's computer. They are designed to enhance the user experience. It allows the server to tailor to the particular user, recognise you when you visit our website, to remember your preferences. Cookies will either originate on or be sent to the website you are currently viewing. These cookies are commonly used to store information, such as your preferences when visiting that site. Third-party cookies will either originate on or be sent to a website that is different from the one you are currently viewing.
We use tracking cookies using a third-party system, Sharpspring and use this system for marketing automation. The purpose for KAPEK using tracking cookies is to identify which pages the lead has been on our website. Cookies are set and used to track leads and potential prospects on our forms or tracking scripts. Further information on the personal information we store is stated below under ‘How KAPEK uses personal data based on consent’ section.
How we protect your information
- The internet is not a secure medium; however, we take your security seriously. We have in place a full range of technical and security procedures, including the latest firewall technology and browser certification encryption, in order that we protect your interests in relation to privacy and your personal information.
- We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of KAPEK® cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
- The personal information we keep is securely stored through our cloud hosted providers, Office 365 and Sharpspring.
Legitimate interests and lawful basis for processing data
Each of the use cases below constitutes a legitimate interest of KAPEK to process or use your Personal Data. Personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed or until you object to KAPEK’s use of your Personal Data (where we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data), or until you withdraw your consent (where you consented to KAPEK using your Personal Data). However, where KAPEK is required by mandatory law to retain your Personal Data longer or where your Personal Data is required for KAPEK to assert or defend against legal claims, KAPEK will retain your Personal Data until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
If you do not agree with our approach, you may object against us processing or use of your Personal Data as set out below.
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests of fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child (This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 years. If you are younger than 16, you may not register with or use this website)
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the EU that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information.
How KAPEK uses personal data based on consent
- Subject to a respective provision and your consent, KAPEK may use your name, email and postal address, telephone number, job title and basic information about your employer (name, address, and industry) in order to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, and other information about KAPEK’s software and services (including marketing-related newsletters). In connection with these marketing-related activities.
Data subjects’ rights
You can at any time request from KAPEK, information about which Personal Data KAPEK processes about you and the correction or deletion of such Personal Data. KAPEK can delete your Personal Data only if there is no statutory obligation or prevailing right of KAPEK to retain it. If you request that KAPEK delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to continue to use any KAPEK service that requires KAPEK’s use of your Personal Data.
If KAPEK uses your Personal Data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you, you may further request from KAPEK a copy of the Personal Data that you have provided to KAPEK. In this case, please contact the email address below and specify the information or processing activities to which your request relates, the format in which you would like this information, and whether the Personal Data is to be sent to you or another recipient.
If you believe that KAPEK is not processing your Personal Data in accordance with the requirements set out in our policy, you can at any time lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office in which you live.
You can request from KAPEK that KAPEK restricts your Personal Data from any further processing in any of the following events:
- you state that the Personal Data KAPEK has about you is incorrect, (but only for as long as KAPEK requires to check the accuracy of the relevant Personal Data)
- there is no legal basis for KAPEK processing your Personal Data and you demand that KAPEK restricts your Personal Data from further processing
- KAPEK no longer requires your Personal Data but you claim that you require KAPEK to retain such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims or in case you object to the processing of your Personal Data by KAPEK (based on KAPEK’s legitimate interest) for as long as it is required to review as to whether KAPEK has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your Personal Data.
Updating your details
- If any of the information that you have provided to KAPEK changes, for example if you change your name, email or postal address, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by using the "Contact Us" link on the website.
- If you prefer not to receive any email newsletters or brochures from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by using the "Contact Us" button on the website.
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the EU that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
How to contact KAPEK®:
KAPEK, 4th Floor, i2 Office, 78 Cannon St, London, EC4N6HL. England.